- Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack has become known as ‘cricket’s bible’, and in 2013 it celebrates its 150th anniversary. Many of its traditions are of great significance to all fans of the sport, and its annual nomination of the Cricketers of the Year is cricket’s equivalent of the Oscars.
- Beginning in 1889 with the honouring of Six Great Bowlers of the Year, the Almanack’s announcement of the Cricketers of the Year has been a hotly debated highlight of the cricket season ever since. For the first few years the number of cricketers chosen annually varied between one and nine, but the number soon settled at five.
- The key criterion for selection is ‘excellence in and/or influence on the previous English cricket season’, and no cricketer can be chosen twice. So with a new five chosen every year Wisden has, through its contemporary rather than retrospective judgement, built cricket’s most authoritative ‘hall of fame’. It is the oldest accolade in cricket, and the 2013 edition of the Almanack, raises the total number of Cricketers of the Year to 570.
- Wisden Cricketers of the Year is the first ever book about all the cricketers who have been honoured by Wisden. Written by Simon Wilde, cricket correspondent of the Sunday Times, and containing photographs of all 570 players, this book explains why each was chosen. Philip Bailey’s statistics complete the comprehensive package.
- Published as part of Wisden’s 150th anniversary celebrations, Wisden Cricketers of the Year is a handsome, large-format volume and an essential addition to the library of anyone interested in cricket, past and present.
- Standard - £6.35 (Monday to Friday) Delivery within 3-5 working days.
- International - £29.95 To over 120 countries, within 7 - 14 working days.
- Europe - £29.95 Delivery within 7 - 14 working days.
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return. Please make sure that the items are returned in their original packaging.
To a Store Bring your items and proof of purchase into store within 14 days from the day your parcel arrives, for a full refund via the original payment method. Or within 30 days, when you can either exchange your items or take a Gift Card to the value of your items.
By Post Please send your return by post or courier within 14 days from the day your parcel arrives for a full refund via the original payment method. Or within 30 days, when we will refund you with an eVoucher to the value of your items.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on gift cards.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.